Ricotta Cannoli



I don't have much of a sweet tooth but you would never guess it if you put certain items in front of me.   For instance ice-cream, galaktoboureko, kunefe and ricotta cannolis.
My Italian bestie "Wayan" invited us over for a catch up dinner a few weeks ago and had gyro on the menu.  So I decided to make an Italian dessert with a greek twist to bring along.

So easy to make and delicious!



Ingredients

1 packet of ready made cannoli shells (I buy mine from Mediterranean Supermarket in Brunswick)
500g ricotta cheese
1/2 block of Pavlidis Greek dark chocolate finely grated
zest of 1 orange
1/3 cup mavrodaphne (sweet dessert wine)
150g caster sugar
icing sugar to dust

In an electric mixer whisk together ricotta and sugar.  Then in a bowl mix in remaining ingredients except for the icing sugar.  Adjust ingredients to your taste.  (I adjust this recipe all the time…I can't follow a recipe to save myself!!!)  Chill in fridge and assemble just before serving for they will go soft.

When ready to assemble put the mixture in a piping bag and pipe some filling on one side and then repeat on the other side.  Dust with icing sugar and serve.

Enjoy and Happy New Year to all xxxx

Carol



Comments

Popular Posts