Corn, zucchini and fetta fritters


Yummy vegetarian brunch!!




The other week I caught up with my beautiful Greek primary school friend Tina.  We don't see each other often but from the day I met her all those 30 odd years ago I knew she would be in my life forever.... We were the Greek school nerds..Probably the only 2 at the time who LOVED Greek school..so much that when mum felt the need to discipline me my punishment was no Greek school. Pretty sad!!!

We had brunch in a cafe at Parkdale beach.. we both ordered the corn, bacon and avocado fritters.  They were delicious..so delicious that I just had to make a batch for brunch the other day.  I greekified them slightly by using the last of my mum's Dromana grown zuchhini and tomatoes..and adding feta cheese of course!

Ingredients

1 tin corn kernels drained
1 medium sized zucchini grated and squeezed of all their liquid
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
1 cup self raising flour
salt pepper to taste
1 tbs chopped dill
60 gr feta
avocado,  to serve
sliced tomato,  to serve
rocket to serve
greek yoghurt,  to serve
sweet chilli sauce,  to serve

In a bowl mix the corn, zucchini, dill, feta, salt and pepper, eggs and mix slowly adding the flour.  Add a bit of olive oil in a frypan and when the oil is at the right temperature add about a tbs and a bit of mixture.  I make mine about 8cm in diameter.  Cook until golden and then flip and do the same. Keep warm whilst you cook up the next batch.

To assemble I put some rocket dressed very lightly with a squeeze of lemon and spray of olive oil, place one fritter then topped with sliced tomato seasoned with a little salt, another fritter, avocado and a dollop of yoghurt.  I add a few drops of sweet chilli sauce on the plate this makes it look pretty but it is so yummy with a little bit of everything on the the plate..

ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!


XXX CAROL


Comments

Popular Posts