Slowly But Surely!!!

Hi....hopefully one day I will get a few people reading my posts...but primarily this is for my beautiful daughter, who I now watch sleeping on her play gym on a rainy spring day in Melbourne.  I love all things food.  From Greek cuisine to Vietnamese to now experimenting with our own under-utilised "bush tucker" spices.  This  blog however will be a collection of all my family favourites which have been passed on from my grandfather who was an esteemed cook in Alexandroupoli, to my mum who has worked in the food industry and to me and now to my little bubalina who is only interested in breast milk at the moment.



I was not encouraged to follow the foodie road professionally and being the "good Greek girl" listened to my mother.  She had a way with the "padofla" if you know what I mean and I was petrified! So next best thing I become a real estate agent.  Funny thing is I not only received phone calls from clients and colleagues about property but also for cooking tips.   How excited was I when I had the job of finding the right house for a producer of Huey's cooking show, as he was going to use the kitchen as the studio.  I even catered a few of the Christmas parties etc.  Work back then was not only about houses and apartments, it was about food!  As we all lived locally at least once a week about 8 of us would gather at someones house, we all took turns, and cooked feasts for lunch.  From souvlaki bbqs to Italian banquets.  Those where the days!!!

I left real estate, the first time, in 2004 and went to live in Greece for a year.  Great year to be in Greece... Eurovision ...go Saki.....Euro Cup ...go Greece and the wonderful Olympic Games...those poor bastards have cost them a fortune!!!   I love reading other blogs, my favourite being Kalofagas who I think is a legend and the other Aussie legend Souvlaki for the Soul.  What a great name for a blog.  Both these blokes as well as all the other Greek blogs are doing so much for our cuisine. Bravo tous!!!  Must run, bubalina has just woken and will be screaming for milk!!!!

Till next time....

Comments

Popular Posts